The cost of Cervical Laminectomy Surgery in Lagos is as following:
| Surgery name
||A minimum price (Naira)
||Maximum price (Naira)
||Average price (Naira)
The Cost for Cervical Laminectomy Surgery may vary according to the following factors:
- Doctor’s Fee
- Hospital charges
- Medical condition after Cervical Laminectomysurgery
- Type & Quality of Implants/Consumables
- Lab Tests recommended post-Cervical Laminectomy
How do I get ready for a Cervical Laminectomy Surgery in Lagos?
- Your healthcare professional will explain to you about the surgery and give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the operation.
- You will be asked to sign a consent form to do the surgery that gives you permission. Carefully read the form and ask questions if anything isn’t obvious.
- Your healthcare provider will do a physical exam in addition to a full health history to ensure that you are in good health before undergoing the procedure. You may have checked for your blood or other medical tests.
- If you are susceptible to or are allergic to certain medications, latex, tape, and anesthesia medicines, notify your healthcare provider (local and general).
Tell your healthcare professional about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications you are taking and herbal supplements.
- If you have a history of bleeding disorders or if you are taking any blood-thinning (anticoagulant) medications, aspirin, or other medicines that affect blood clotting, inform your healthcare provider.
- Before the treatment, you can be advised to quit these drugs.
- Tell your healthcare provider if you are pregnant or think you might be.
- Before the procedure, follow any rules you are issued for not eating or drinking.
In order to help you relax, you can get a sedative before the surgery.
To discuss recovery, you can meet with a physical therapist before your surgery.
- After your surgery, some behaviors can be restricted. For a few days, plan for someone to assist you with household duties and commuting.
- Your healthcare professional can have other guidelines for you depending on your medical condition.
- At a formal event, Pedro and his spouse.
- Thoracic Disc
Is Cervical Laminectomy a major surgery?
It can take 1 to 3 hours for a cervical laminectomy to be carried out. It is a big spine procedure on the backbone in a sensitive area. Usually, it is only done when symptoms are not relieved by non-invasive procedures, such as:
- Pain relievers
- Physical therapy
- Epidural or nerve sheath injections
What happens after Cervical Laminectomy Surgery?
You will be taken to the recovery room for observation after the surgery. You will be taken into your emergency room until your blood pressure, pulse, and breathing are steady and you are alert. In general, laminectomy allows you to stay in the hospital for one or two days.
Most definitely, on the night of your surgery, you will start getting out of bed and walking. Medicines can monitor the discomfort so that you can engage in the exercise. An exercise schedule to follow both in the hospital and after discharge may be given to you.
It’s crucial to keep the surgical incision area clean and dry once you are at home. You will be given detailed instructions for bathing by your healthcare provider. On a follow-up office visit, the surgical staples or stitches are withdrawn.
Take a pain reliever as prescribed by your healthcare provider for soreness. The risk of bleeding may be increased by aspirin or some other pain medicines. Make sure to take only the medications that are prescribed.
Tell your healthcare provider about any of the following
- swelling on or near the incision site
draining, heat, or redness at the incision site
- chest pain
- A fever of 100ºF or higher
- Tenderness or swelling in the legs
- Difficulty urinating
- A loss of bowel or urinary control
What are the risks of Cervical Laminectomy Surgery
Complications can happen, as in any surgical procedure. Some possible complications can include:
- Blood clots in the legs or lungs
- Spinal cord or nerve root injury
- Risks linked to the use of general anesthesia
- Nerve or blood vessels can be damaged in the surgery area. Weakness or numbness may be caused by this. The pain may not be eased or may become worse by the surgery, but this is uncommon.
- Depending upon your individual health condition, there may be other dangers. Prior to the surgery, make sure to address your questions with your healthcare provider.
How long does it take to recover from a Cervical Laminectomy Surgery in Lagos?
- The patient is advised to walk within a day or two after post-surgery, and progressively increase activities as tolerated.
- Depending on the number of vertebrae operated upon, the patient may need a neck brace to stabilize the neck while recovering for two to six weeks.
- During rehabilitation, patients should avoid heavy lifting and strenuous exercises.
- After healing is complete, physical therapy and recovery might be needed.
- In six to eight weeks, patients should be able to resume normal activities.
What Is the Long-Term Outlook
Many signs of spinal stenosis are also relieved by a laminectomy. It can’t avoid spine issues in the future, though, and it might not fully alleviate everyone’s pain.
In the future, people who already have spinal fusion are more likely to have spinal complications.
What is the Cervical Laminectomy Surgery success rate in Lagos?
Studies indicate that, following cervical laminectomy, a majority of patients have symptom relief. The effectiveness of the treatment often relies on the degree of the illness of the patient. The surgery decompresses the spinal canal, relieving the pressure on the nerves and spinal cord. It is not a treatment for arthritis or degenerative disc disease as an underlying disorder.
Cervical Laminectomy Surgery Cost in Lagos