Addis Cardiac Center Cost and Reviews
Every year September 29 is being observed as “World Heart Day.” A good and healthy heart keeps our mind and body aligned. The heart needs treatment due to some exceptional cases such as failure of the heart and weakening of the heart muscle. Technically, heart surgery has been known as cardiac surgery or cardiovascular surgery. It is a surgical procedure that includes the heart and blood vessels that carry blood to and from the heart. Cardiac Surgery has been performed by Cardiac Surgeons. The surgery team consists of a Cardiologist, Cardiovascular Surgeon, Primary care doctor, anesthesiologist, and another specialist.
As we all know, opting good cardiac center and cardiac surgeon is very important for a patient. So, we will provide you with detailed information about one of the best cardiac centers in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, “Addis Cardiac Center.” We will discuss Addis Cardiac Center Cost, Reviews, services, treatments, doctors at Addis Cardiac Center, etc.
About Addis Cardiac Center
- Ethiopia’s first specialized cardiovascular hospital is Addis Cardiac Center/Hospital(ACH).
- Ethiopia and Sweden hospital established in 2007
- First to implant Pacemaker.
- It has been located at Bole Sub City in front of the Ethiopian Airlines Cargo terminal.
- The hospital started its services in 2006 to provide advanced and modern investigation and treatment for cardiac and related diseases.
- The hospital delivers exceptional healthcare services to those who require the services.
- Employees at ACH are being qualified and trained.
- ACH has equipped with an advanced Cath lab and the latest medical equipment.
- The hospital ensures that they provide first-class to their patients.
- ACH installed HRM (Hospital Management System) to properly manage all activities that took place in the hospital and increase efficiency at all levels.
- Ethiopian and Swedish Shareholders owned the ACH.
- One of the board members is Dr. Firku Maru – a qualified cardiologist educated in Sweden – with 20+ Years of experience as a Cardiologist.
- The Vision of ACH is to create a world-recognized medical institution that is highly specialized in cardiovascular disease, treatment, and diagnosis.
- The mission of ACH is to treat patients with evidence-based medicines, the latest innovation, continuous learning, and commitment to excellence.
- Inpatient and Outpatient Services
- 24 hours BP Monitoring
- Ambulatory ECG Monitoring
- Stress ECG
- Coronary Angiography
- X-Ray & Ultrasound Examination
- Comprehensive Cardiac Check Up
- Transesophageal Cardiac Stimulation Test
- Daily follow-up by a cardiologist for inpatient
- Transesophageal & Stress Echocardiography
- Diagnostic Coronary Angiography
- Tilt Table Test
- Pacemaker & ICD Function test
- Pharmacy service
- 24hrs Ambulance Service
- Operating room services
- Intensive Coronary Care Unit with 24hrs central
- Angioplasty Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
- General Surgery
- Open heart surgery
- Pacemaker, ICD, and CRT Implantation
- cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Coronary angiography and PCI
For cardiac surgery, a lot of sophisticated equipment is being required. Including diagnostic purposes, thermodilution techniques, pulse contour analysis, pulmonary artery catheter, ultrasound, etc. For treatment purposes, equipment required, such as assist devices, pacemakers, ECMO (Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation), and CPB (used for venting the heart and clearing the operating area.)
Important Terms and their Definition
Coronary Angiography: It is the procedure done to look at the arteries in a person’s heart. It is being used to check the blockages in the arteries.
PCI: Stenting, also known as Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI). It is a procedure that uses a flexible plastic catheter to dilate narrowed arteries in the heart.
Pacemaker: It is an electronic device that stimulates the heart with electrical impulses to maintain a normal heartbeat.
ICD: ICD is a device inserted into the heart to treat cardiac arrhythmia, which leads to sudden death.
CRT (Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy): It is a treatment who have a heart failure. Devices used in CRT have been called Biventricular Pacemakers or BiV pacers.
Percutaneous Mitral Valvotomy: It is a process that has been performed to dilate one of the narrowed heart valves called mitral valve stenosis.
Addis Cardiac Center Doctor List
- Dr. Tewodros Fikremariam (Interventional Cardiologist)
- Dr. Lula Ahmed (Interventional Cardiologist)
- Dr. Mussie Abera (Interventional Cardiologist)
- Dr. Natnael Taye (Interventional Cardiologist/Deputy Medical Director/Medical Specialist)
- Dr. Mohamed Bedru (Adult Interventional Cardiologist/Expert Medical Specialist)
- Dr. Biniam Lema (Cardiologist/Medical Specialist)
- Dr. Gebeyehu Bekele (Internist)
- Dr. Aderfris Bahiru (Internist)
Addis Cardiac Center Reviews
- Specialized doctors and professional healthcare to take care of the patients.
- Nurses help patients with daily activities.
- Highly recommend the cardiac center and doctors
- Accommodation for overseas patients
- During the pre-examination and recovery period, all the processes has been taken care.
Addis Cardiac Center Cost
Addis Cardiac Center Cost
Avg. Cost in USD
Other Charges are:
- Food and Accommodation
- Hospital Charges
- Doctors Charges
- Ward room accommodation
- Examination and other tests charges
Addis Cardiac Center Address
- Address: XQMM+Q7, ቀለበት መንገድ, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Latest Treatment at Addis Cardiac center
- The procedure did on 30 years old male patient. Due to his onset left side severe chest pain.
- After evaluation, it was been found to be a heart attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction/AMI).
- At the Cath lab, it was been found that one of the blood vessels that supply heart muscle to the coronary artery was been blocked.
- The blocked vessel was been opened with a procedure called Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI).
Cath Lab: Examination room in the hospital with diagnostic imaging equipment. It is been used to visualize the arteries and chambers of the heart.
PCI: Non-surgical method used to open narrowed arteries to supply blood.
Summary of Addis Cardiac Center/Hospital (ACH)
||Bole Sub-City Ring Rd, Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
||Dr. Firku Maru (Cardiologist)|
||Advanced and Modern Technology|
||85% patients are satisfied with the services provided by ACH|
||Fill out the form on the ACH website|
||Humanity, Impartiality, Accountability, and Quality|
Healthcare professionals are the best example of patient-centered care especially heart teams. Professionals from different areas such as medicine, interventionalists, radiologists, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, and other health providers come together to find the best solution for an individual patient. Uses of modern and advanced technology used during the surgery are been take care of by professionals.