Addis Hiwot General Hospital Cost and Reviews
Addis Hiwot General Hospital is a private hospital in Addis Ababa, at Bole Sub-city Wereda 4. Three Ethiopian physicians founded it in 2000G.C. (1993E.C.). The physicians have a high reputation and rich experience. They have been in practice for over 30 years, specializing in internal medicine, general and pediatric surgery, and ob / GYN. Addis Hiwot General Hospital is been known for its services and the care it provides. It started its services with less than 10 inpatient beds and one operation table. Now, the hospital is well-equipped with modern equipment and top physicians from all over the country.
With four new operation theatres (three for inpatient and one for emergency operations), recovery rooms, a modern labor ward, ten fully equipped ICUs for adults with mechanical ventilators, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and eight emergency beds available in the emergency departments, the total bed capacity has now overtaken one hundred. In addition, Addis Hiwot General Hospital has well-qualified and trained doctors, OTs Staff, lab technologists, Nurses, and radiographers who are been experienced and skilled personnel and dedicated to the patient.
Addis Hiwot General Hospital is governed by a Board of directors consisting of doctors with expertise in hospital and healthcare management. The board of directors selects the general manager, auditors, and medical director. The hospital has an advanced information system for health management that employs cutting-edge software. With this well-organized management system and the Board of Director’s visionary directives, the hospital is constantly progressing and expanding quickly.
The hospital is established with specialized doctors with many years of experience. People come from around the world to get world-class services at Addis Hiwot General Hospital. It has accomplished 50000 yearly visitors, 3008 yearly surgeries, 50 specialized and committed doctors, and around 27 departments.
Addis Hiwot Hospital Expertise
- Colorectal Surgery: Procedures include repositioning of the rectal area, rectal prolapse, fecal incontinence, anal cancer, anal fissures, fistulas, hemorrhoids, colorectal cancer
- Pediatric Surgery: Procedures Circumcisions with the Mogen Circumcision Clamp and PlastiBell Circumcision Device. (AHGH is one of the best hospitals for Pediatric Surgeries)
- Urology Surgery: Expert at Kidney Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Bladder Cancer, and testicular cancer
- Endocrinology Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery: One of the most wanted surgeries occurred at AHGH.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- ENT Surgery
- Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
Addis Hiwot General Hospital – Board of Directors
- Dr. Ahmed Abdi
– Pulmonologist ( Diagnose and Treats patients who have diseases related to Lung.)
– 35+ Years of Experience
- Dr. Kassahun Kiros
– Gynecologist and Medical Director of Addis Hiwot General Hospital
– 30+ Years of Experience
- Professor Miliard Derbew
– Professor in Pediatric Surgery
– 30+ Years of Experience
Addis Hiwot Hospital Doctors
|Dr. Amir Jebril||Dr. Tesfamariam G/Amlak|
|Dr. Daniel Zemenfeskidus||Dr. Eskinder Tesfaye|
|Dr. Amezene Tadesse||Dr. Amanuel Amare|
|Dr. Ayalew Tizazu||Dr. Tsegaye Berhane|
|Dr. Andulem Deneke||Dr. Michael Tesfaye|
|Dr. Yigeremew Kebede||Dr. Dejuma Yadeta|
|Dr. Tsegazeab Leake||Dr. Eden T/Mariam|
|Dr. Bahiru Bezabeh||OB/GYN|
|Dr. Mekdim Tadese||Dr. Kassahun Kiros|
|Dr. Adane Haile||Dr. Tizazu Alemu|
|Dr. Zeki Abdurahman||Dr. Mustefa|
|Prof. Miliard Derbew||Dr. Eyasu|
|Dr. Mahlet Tesfaye||Dr. Tesfaye Haileselassie|
|Dr. Teklebirhan Berhe||Dr. Yidnekachew Asegedew|
|Dr. Meron Gelanew||ENT Specialist|
|Dr. Abenezer Tirsit||Dr. Tilahun Solomon|
|Dr. Asfaw Ayele||Dr. Seraw Girum|
|Dr. Berhane Redai||Dr. Kibra|
|Dr. Edom Seifu||Dr. Kuleh Haddis|
|Dr. Abeba Woldegiorgis||Dr. Mekonnen Alemu|
|Dr. Sadik Teju||Prof. Getachew Assefa|
|Dr. Ahmed Mohammed||Dr. Tigist Abate|
|Dr. Solomon Desta||Prof. Asfaw Atnafu|
|Dr. Asnake Lemeneh||Dr. Abiy Taddese|
Addis Hiwot General Hospital Review
- AHGH is one of the hospitals that has a well-trained staff.
- Highly qualified surgeons
- Use of advanced Medical Technologies
- The diagnosis and treatment process is in a scheduled manner.
- Provided rooms are spacious and comfortable
- Best hospital for Pediatric, OBGYN, and General Surgery.
- Addis Hiwot Hospital is one of the best hospitals in Ethiopia, which meets international standards and its services.
Services – Addis Hiwot General Hospital
It includes appendectomy, curative cancer surgery, or splenectomy. Other Surgeries such as
- Hepatobiliary Surgery: Benign and Malignant Tumors, gallbladder and bile duct diseases, liver cancer, Pancrease cystic lesions, liver cancer, etc.
- Colorectal Surgery: Treat disorders related to the colon, anus, and rectum.
- Pediatric Surgery: Surgery pertaining to infants, children, young adults, and adolescents. Also include Congenital malformations, separation of conjoined twins, chest wall deformities, childhood tumors, etc.
- Thoracic Surgery: Treatment related to thoracic surgery such as Esophageal cancer, lung cancer, Mediastinal tumors and diseases, Pleural Diseases, Chest wall tumors, etc.
- Urology: Treatments related to adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, kidneys, etc.
- Endocrine Surgery: Includes the thyroid gland, breast, and parathyroid glands.
- Plastic Surgery: Hand Surgery, treatment of burns, microsurgery, scar revision, laceration repair, cleft palates, etc.
- Minimally Invasive Surgical – Treatment includes urology, colorectal, thoracic, vascular, ENT, orthopedics, and OB.GYN.
- Neurosurgery: Treatment related to the brain, cerebrovascular, and central and peripheral nervous systems.
It is the branch of surgery that involves the musculoskeletal system.
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Gynecology Oncology, Feto-Maternal Medicine, and Delivery
- Cardiology: Diagnosis and treatment of coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, heart failure, electrophysiology, etc
- Neurology: seizure, brain or spine tumor, and stroke.
- Pulmonology: breathing diseases and lung conditions
- Gastro-Enterology: gastrointestinal disorders
- Nephrology: kidney disease, dialysis, and kidney transplantation
- Endocrinology: endocrine system
Treatment-related to Hemodialysis
Diseases of the ear, nose, throat, base of the skull, head, and neck
X-ray, Ultrasound, Ct Scan, MRI, Fluoroscopy, ECG, Interventional Radiology
Glaucoma, Pediatrics Opthalmology, and Occuloplasty
Treatments are been related to cancer, chemotherapy treatment, radiation therapy
Critical Care Unit
ICU and NICU
Dermatology and Venereology
Including problems such as mood, behavior, cognition, and perceptions.
Dental and oral surgery, and not able to eat and talk.
Such as Physiotherapy, ART and Tuberculosis Clinic, Lab, Pharmacy, Operation Services, Anatomy and Pathological Services, and OPD Services.
- It includes Surgical Ward, medical ward, maternity ward, pediatric ward, and critical ward unit.
- Staff are been trained specially for in-patient services
- Physicians provide adequate services
- The medical community is open for 24 hours and consists of 7 patient rooms.
- The surgical ward has 36 private patient rooms with high-quality wards and 5 large OTs with advanced equipment.
- The maternity ward has 30 beds for inpatients and well equipped NICU and OTs.
- The patient room – has over 100 beds, spacious private bathrooms, and comfortable electric beds. other services are patient safety,
calling your nurse, meal services, cafeteria services, Telephones, etc.
Addis Hiwot General Hospital – Anatomic Pathology Services
- The first pathology services provide in Ethiopia at AHGH.
- The Establishment of Anatomic Pathology is to excel in the services.
- Its benefits to analyze biopsies and cytological samples
- The standard they follow is the American Society of Clinical Pathologists.
- And the pathology is been ruled by the Consultant pathologist from different countries.
- Dermatology and Venereology
- Internal Medicine
- Suction Machine
- Endoscopic Diagnostic Equipment
- Operating microscope and laryngoscope
- CT Scan
- Endotracheal tube and airway
- General radiography
- X-ray imaging
- Hospital surround by Hostels and Restaurants
- Banking Services and ATM
- Health Management Information System – Keeping patient records
- Security and Parking
Addis Hiwot General Hospital Cost
You’re procuring the medical doctor, the anesthesiologist, the nurses, the operating room, devices and sterilization required, medicines, a recovery room, likely a room for extended restoration time, consultations from other physicians, etc. However, the cost also depends on which hospital you are going to for treatment. And the best way to reduce the surgery cost is Medical Insurance. If you don’t have medical insurance, then here are some recommendations.
- Government Programs – There are many govt. Policies where you can look into it. Nowadays, low-income working people govt. Pays for health insurance.
- International Surgery – Look for other countries where you can afford the cost of the surgery.
- Be a great negotiator, and research the surgery cost well before going for any surgery.
- Telemedicine – Nowadays, video consulting is a great way to interact with the best surgeons without going to places or visiting the clinic.
Addis Hiwot Hospital Address
Bole Sub-city Wereda 4, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Addis Hiwot Hospital Contact Number
Contact Us here for further details.
To book an appointment with Addis Hiwot Hospital.
You can fill out the form provided on the website of Addis Hiwot Hospital.