Betsegah Mothers’ & Childrens’ Hospital
The Betsegah Mothers` and Children`s Hospital is an indigenous non government privet specialized hospital established by dedicated Ethiopians family member in 2004 G.C.(1997 E.C).
Betsegah is committed for the improvement of the health & social wellbeing of Ethiopian women & children in general. Betsegah is a legally recognized body and registered with the ministry of health (MOH) since 1997 E.C. It has now become a member of MAPPP-E (Medical Association of Physicians in Private Practice Ethiopia).
The inspiration for the establishment of Betsegah arose from the plight of vulnerable (Gynecology & Obstetrics problems) Ethiopian women that are predisposed to gender based violence treated with traditional medicines. Though the above mentioned culturally based problems are widespread both in urban & rural settings, they are not yet given due more attention both by the society and the public sector. It was to cater for the need of this group that betsegah was initiated.
- The Betsegah vision is to see improved health care system for women and children in Ethiopia, especially where women fully exercise their reproductive health need.
- To reduce the mortality rate of mothers & newborns.
- To reduce the cause of fistula cases.
- To see the attainment of an acceptable standard of health service for Ethiopian women & children.
- To see all women free from Gyn/Ob problems & free from cervical and breast cancer.
- To see fundamental change in the livelihood of women.
- To improve the health status of women & children.
- To bring about & promote health service (especially Gyn/Ob and Pediatrics) in the area of intervention (Addis Ababa) in particular & across the country in general.
- To reduce the risk of Gynecology & Obstetrics problems including fistula cases & ensure that they have access to acceptable level of health services.
- To build the professional capacity of the staff by training and workshop to collaborate with MAPPP-E & other organization.
- To decrease maternal & neo-natal morbidity and mortality.
- To improve the existing health problem especially women and children`s & hence increase the productivity of the community in general.
- To provide comprehensive MCH health services including RH & FP services.
- To provide counseling & testing services (PMTCT) for victims of HIV/AIDS.
- To undertake & participate in an effort to promote women`s health issues in Ethiopia.
- To assist communities in bringing sustainable & special medical services through their active participation.
|We are dedicated entirely to the care of women and children, we understand the sensitivity in seeking treatment for one of the complexities of women’s health.
|Here at Betsegah Hospital, we understand that having a baby is a tremendously exciting time, but can also be a little bewildering and at times really quite daunting.
|Here at Betsegah, we care for children in a happy and relaxed atmosphere which relieves their anxiety and helps them to make a speedy recovery.