Indian High Commission, Lagos
Indian Embassy Lagos Address:
8A, WALTER CARRINGTON CRESCENT, PMB 80128, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Phone: +234 23414480876
The current visa fee structure has multiple categories and a need was felt to rationalize the same. To simplify and streamline the fee structure, visa fees for Nigerian nationals has, therefore, been revised with effect from April 15, 2015. Under the new fee structure, all categories of visas would be charged at an uniform rate of US Dollar 250.00 (Two Hundred and Fifty only), plus surcharge of Naira 1062.00 (Naira One hundred and sixty two only). This is in keeping with the practice of uniform visa fee being charged by the Nigerian High Commission in India. All the documentary requirements would continue as per existing practice.
Please note that Visa fee from the applicants will be accepted at the Sterling Bank Plc extension counter in the premises of The High Commission of India, Abuja and Lagos ONLY
Please do not finalise your travel arrangements to India before ascertaining the visa requirements. All foreign nationals, including children, require a visa to enter India.
Visa fees are non-refundable and subject to change. The High Commission reserves the right of deciding the duration of visa irrespective of the fees tendered at the time of making application.
Visas can be applied for in person at the High Commission of India in Lagos. Visa applicants from foreign nationals other than Nigerians or from people of Pakistani, Bangladesh and Sri Lankan origin may have to wait for requisite visa clearance from the Indian Missions in their respective countries. Pakistani and Bangladesh nationals have to apply in special visa application forms.
Visitors to restricted/protected areas need special permits and for this purpose an additional form has to be completed. Please contact the High Commission of India, Abuja / Lagos if you wish to ascertain whether any of the places you intend to visit fall in the category of restricted/protected areas.
Specific visas are granted for a variety of purposes. The principal types of visas issued are mentioned below. Please contact the High Commission of India for further details if you are visiting India for purposes other than tourism, such as journalism, conferences, yoga, voluntary work, mountaineering or other expeditions. The visa application form is, however, the same. Separate forms are available for Pakistani and Bangladeshi Nationals.
Who can Apply Indian visa from Lagos,
South West: South East: South South:
State Capital State Capital State Capital
Lagos Lagos Abia Umuahia Akwa Ibom Uyo
Ogun Abeokuta Anambra Awka Bayelsa Yenagoa
Ondo Akure Ebonyi Abakaliki Cross River Calabar
Osun Oshogbo Enugu Enugu Delta Asaba
Oyo Ibadan Imo Owerri Edo Benin City
Rivers Port Harcourt
|OFFICE OF THE HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA , LAGOS|
|Shri Rachit Rawat
Second Secretary(Pol, Com & Info) & Head of Chancery
|Mr. Ajay Kumar Sharma
|Smt. Rekha Juyal
Attaché (PS & Consular)
|Shri Deep Ranjan Ghose
|Shri Jay Prakash
SSA(Admin & Accounts)
|Shri Ashok Kumar
India Medical Visa from Lagos
HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA
364, CADASTRAL ZONE, CENTRAL BUSINESS AREA (CBD), FCT ABUJA (NIGERIA)
TELEPHONE: +234-7080622800-4, FAX: +234-7080622805
8A, WALTER CARRINGTON, CRESCENT, V.I., LAGOS
TELEPHONE: 01-2627680, FAX: 01-2612660
A medical visa (MED Visa) is granted to a foreigner whose sole purpose of visiting India is to seek medical treatment in specialized /recognized/ established Hospitals/treatment centres in India.
VISA FEE : US$ 252.00 including surcharge of US$ 2.00 /-
Timings for submission of Visa applications: 1000 Hrs to 1200 Hrs on all working days.
ORAL POLIO VACCINATION/IPV ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF SEVEN POLIO-AFFECTED COUNTRIES INCLUDING NIGERIA IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT FOR VISITING INDIA FROM 01/03/2014. OPV/IPV CERTIFICATE TO BE CARRIED ALONG IS VALID FOR ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF ADMINISTERING IT.
YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION FOR ALL EXCEPT INFANTS UNDERSIX MONTHS AND POLIO VAC/IPV FOR ALL RESIDENTS, EXCEPTTHIRD COUNTRY FOREIGN NATIONALS, ARE COMPULSOTY FORTRAVELING TO INDIA.
1. Original passport valid for a minimum of 6 months (or for the validity requested, if greater)
2. A photocopy of the data page of the passport
3. Two photographs of the size of 50mm X 50mm i.e. 2 inch x 2 inch with light backgroundPhotos should be glued on your forms in the box provided on pages 1 and 2 of the online form.
4. Visa application form duly filled in online. Your form should be signed in the box under the photograph on page 1 and at the end of page 2 Your signatures should match with the signature printed on your passport.
strong>5. APPLICANT MUST PROVIDE HIS/HER OWN CONTACT DETAILS INCLUDING E-MAIL ID. IF FOUND SOMEBODY ELSE’S/FALSE, VISA MAY BE REFUSED.
6. Typed Referral letter in original on letterhead with contact details, duly stamped and signed from a well reputed hospital/medical institute after examination of the patient’s condition specifying the nature of the patient’s illness and the reason for referring the patient for medical treatment to the established/specialized/recognised medical Institute/hospital concerned in India.
7. Typed Invitation letter on letterhead, duly stamped and signed with contact details, from the hospital/medical Institute in Indiaspecifying the nature of the medical treatment to be undertaken along with the start and end date of this treatment.Indian hospital to email invite to HCI email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (For Lagos: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com). Detail of attendant/ attendants is to be indicated with mobile number of contact person at the hospital. Applicant is to attach a printout of the invitation and the email page with the visa application form.
8. A certified bank statement of last three months/guarantee letter issued by the bank in the name of the applicant, testifying his/her ability to meet expenses to cover medical and living expenses in India for the duration of the medical treatment. In case of sponsorship, an affidavit from the sponsor along with a copy of his/her Identity Card/Passport copy is to be attached.
9. In case of follow up treatment, previous medical papers and discharge summary from Indian hospital is to be attached to the application (original to be verified by Consular Officer).
10. Patients need to attach copies their treatments in Nigeria including copies of CT Scan/MRI/X-ray reports (as applicable) (original to be verified by Consular Officer)
10. Transplant patients to produce compatibility report of donor and patient.
11. Indian hospital to undertake responsibility of the patient and attendant including immigration till his departure from India. This undertaking is to be included in the invitation letter.
NOTE: Additional documents may also be required of you at the time of interview at the discretion of the Consular Officer.
Emergency Contact Numbers
Emergency Contact Numbers for Consular Services in respect of HCI, Abuja, and its Office in Lagos are as follows:
|Name & Desig. of the official||Emergency Telephone No|
|Shri H.S. Bisht, Assistant(Cons)||(+234)9070343860|
|Office of HCI, Lagos|
|Name & Desig. of the official||Emergency Telephone No|
|Shri Subbu Ramesh, Second Secretary (Cons)||(+234)8128308758|