Norvik Hospital Cost and Reviews
About Norvik Hospital
Norvik Hospital is one of the health services providers in Kampala, Uganda. It is been recognized and empaneled by various FMCG companies, Medical Insurance companies, IT companies, Telecom Industries, Banks, Airlines, Research Organizations, Healthcare groups, and mines. The hospital has constantly pushed the boundaries of healthcare and reanalyzed quality care in every way possible. Due to the pandemic, Norvik Hospital is updating its equipment and services to offer high-tech medical care.
Countries like Sudan, Somalia, Rwanda, Kenya, and Tanzania also got the privilege to get this type of service. As Norvik Hospital’s founder goal is to provide healthcare services to every patient in need with high-tech care. High Technology is crucial for any medical industry. And Norvik Hospital is self-sufficient to provide an exceptional experience to its patients. Procedures such as laparoscopy urology to Penile prostheses need high-tech treatment. Over the years, Norvik Hospital set an example by providing advanced technology and treatments in Uganda such as
- Laboratory: Haematology Auto-analyzer Analyses 60 blood samples, and Chemistry Automatic Auto analyzer (Analyses 380 routine tests)
- Imaging: Digital Radiography (1st in East Africa), Juniper Ultrasound (an eco-friendly service system)
- Treatment: 1st in Uganda (Diode Laser, Shockwave Lithotripsy Machine, Laser Surgery, Functional Endoscopic ENT Surgery), and Pioneered Laparoscopic Urology and Penile Prothesis.
Health is ultimately one of the most essential things for any medical care industry. Norvik Hospital is one such hospital that loves to work and contribute its work toward vulnerable and marginalized masses. To get access to their medical care they implement various CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiatives.
Some initiatives are:
- Various health issues are been emphasized every month such as Prostate in August, Hepatitis in July, women’s issues on women’s day in March, etc. This day they provided services at an affordable price in form of various packages.
- Conduct health check-up camps for free ( Till now Norvik Hospital conducted 30 Corporates screening for more than 2000 employees.)
- Norvik Hospital Limited the partnership with the Pharmacological Society of Uganda raised 10 million for sickle cell diseases from 2014-2018.
- Free Hepatitis Vaccination was also provided at Luzira prison in 2017 (to 220 lady prisoners), and 350 refugees in 2018.
- 150 camps conducted and treated more than 17000 patients related to gynecological issues, orthopedic, urology, gastrointestinal, etc.
- Accredited by MoH to run a COVID care center. And isolation for 61 COVID+ patients.
- COVID-19 test is been done 6000 (Antigen and PCR)
- Vaccination is been given to people with Hepatitis B and Yellow Fever. 1,65,000 persons are been immunized against both diseases. And their goal is to vaccinate 1600 people every month.
- Fully functional dialysis unit and manage 250 sessions every month.
- 4000 Laparoscopic Surgeries, 500 Shockwave lithotripsy procedures, and 1200 Laser Surgeries
- Digital Radiography Equipment was first in East Africa.
Statutory Compliance (Rules and Regulation)
- Quarterly monitoring of Radiation workers.
- Calibration validation of medical equipment installed in the Pathology Lab.
- Licensing and registration of all X-ray systems installed at the hospital.
- Registration of workers in X-ray departments.
- Yearly Quality Assurance testing for all X-ray-based systems installed at the hospital.
- Yearly – Lead Apron Quality Assurance testing.
Norvik Hospital Departments
- Accident and Emergency
- Internal Medicine
- Neonates and Pediatrics
The expertise of Norvik Hospital
- Ambulance Services
- Advance Technology
- Emergency Cases
- Certified Doctors
Services & Treatment
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Respiratory Medicine
- Renal Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Geriatric Medicine
- Palliative Care Medicine
- Burn treatment
- Bariatric Surgery – Gastric Balloon, gastrectomy, and gastric banding
- Surgical Emergencies
- Trauma Surgery
- Laser Proctology for a disease of the Colorectal region – Hemorrhoids, piles, anal fissures, etc.
- Endocrinal Surgeries include parathyroid and thyroid
- Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
- Gastrointestinal minimally invasive surgery – liver conditions, stomach ulcers, etc.
- Cholecystectomy and Appendectomy
- Laparoscopic invasive surgeries
One of the oldest Dialysis units is in Kampala
It is the best unit that focuses on patient outcomes and experience.
The goal is to deliver the best quality dialysis care.
Dialysis Care is also affordable.
Intensive Care Unit
-Centralized oxygen supply
This type of treatment is also known as the daycare procedure. It doesn’t require patients to stay at the hospital for a long time.
A daycare procedure such as:
Chemotherapy and many others.
The daycare ward is suitable for
-most day surgery patients
-No anticipated complications
-After the procedure, will be discharged in 2-3 hours.
-No close observation is required.
-Equipped with emergency equipment such as suction, BP Machine, Orthopaedic scoop, Oxygen, spine board, head immobilizer, scoop stretcher, life-saving drug, and Spencer trolley stretcher
Norvik Nightingale Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT)
-It was operationalized in 2018
-NEMT was designed for differently abled patients who cannot depend on regular transport due to injury, disability, or chronic condition.
Taking care of patients is the no. 1 priority. Providing world-class healthcare to patients and a better experience which also includes the insurance paperwork.
Accident and Emergency
24 hours available for accident and injury cases.
Treats patients who are present outside OPD.
Major or minor surgical infections
It is equipped with 2 modular OTs with technology. Laparoscopic Equipment, Endoscopy Tower, ESW Lithotripsy machine, Laser, and many more.
2D & 4D Ultrasonography
Medicines for emergency care and minor ailment management
Automated renewal of medication on doctors’ recommendation
Medication for chronic disease management.
Home delivery of medication as and when needed.
Infectious diseases diagnostics
Culture and sensitivity tests
COVID- 19 Antigen and PCR Tests
Treatment such as chemotherapy and surgeries
Wellness and prevention programs for weight loss and counseling
Lab tests and MRI scans.
Benefits of outpatient services
-Trained staff members
-Center is a specialized center with a different kinds of treatment
Norvik Hospital provides a full range of maternity care.
A dedicated team is also present to offer high-standard personalized care.
Provide physiotherapy services for issues related to
It also includes:
-Antenatal and Postnatal exercises
-Physiotherapy to restore disease or injury.
Team: 2 Pediatricians, a pediatric surgeon, a pediatric cardiologist, and nurses
Every year- 600 children receive a consultation
Critical care- Neonatal ICU
– Regular immunization below 18 years recommended by UNEPI
– Issues related to Urology and pediatric ENT
– congenital heart defects, and management of infectious diseases
– Provide surgical treatment – Umbilical hernias, intestinal obstruction, undescended testicles.
– Sickle cell disease, heart disease, and asthma.
– Management of premature newborns and low birth weight children.
– Endocrine glands treatment
NICU is been equipped with technology such as:
– Resuscitator with the radiant heat source
– Pediatric monitors
– Nasal C-PAP
– Infusion pumps
– Phototherapy Machines
Gynecology and Obstetrics
Norvik Hospital provides various services in the field of gynecology and has advanced technology.
-Any medical condition that affects pregnant women.
-Dilation and Curettage
-Myomectomy ( to remove uterine fibroids)
-Hysterectomy ( Removal of Uterus)
-Normal and C-Section Delivery
-Diagnostic and therapeutic laparoscopy
Medical Camps are also conducted to screen gynecological issues regularly.
The urology department comprehensively provides services from diagnosis to treatment.
-Kidney cancer treatment
-prostate and bladder to kidney stones
-pediatric urological conditions
At Norvik Hospital more than 1000 urological surgeries are been performed including penile prostheses and incontinence surgeries
-Prostate cancer screening
-LASER urological Surgeries
-Urinary incontinence surgeries
Medical Camps are also conducted for a better outreach program. The camps are been conducted for more than a decade with specialized doctors.
Till now, more than 9000 people are been screened by conducting 67 patients.
Treatments offered such as
-Skin Biopsy and Mole mapping
-Problems affecting nails including injuries, nail fungus, warts, ingrown nails, etc.
-Hair and scalp issues including itching and scaling scalp, infection, and hair loss.
-Non-infectious dermatological issues and auto-immune disorders
-Skin diseases such as acne, eczema, and childhood skin disease.
The technology used in diagnosing Dermatological issues:
Hair and Nail Analysis
Yellow Fever Vaccination in Norvik Hospital, Kampala
- Yellow Fever Vaccination will cost Shs60,000 (15.98$)
- It is an acute viral hemorrhagic disease transmitted by infected mosquitoes.
- Yellow refers to jaundice.
- Symptoms – Headache, muscle pain, fever, vomiting, and fatigue.
- The virus is “Endemic” in tropical areas of Africa and South America
- It isn’t easy to diagnose. Yellow fever is been confused with severe malaria, Viral hepatitis, leptospirosis, and other hemorrhagic fevers.
- PCR testing in blood and urine can detect early. But in a later stage, it needs ELISA and PRNT to identify.
- Transmitted by Mosquitoes. 3 types of transmission cycles: Sylvatic Yellow fever, Intermediate Yellow fever, and Urban Yellow fever.
Specialized Doctors List at Norvik Hospital
- Dr. Henry Olwa Ayo
- Dr. Agaba John
- Dr. Albert MAjwala
- Dr. Anne Wesonga Shikanda
- Dr. Apio Priscilla
- Dr. Bulamu Alfred
- Dr. Daniel Obua
- Dr. Edrisa Kabazzi
- Dr. Francis Asiimwe Tirwomwe
- Dr. Fualal Jane Odubu
- Dr. Happy Lillian Mbabazi
- Dr. Hope Kibansha
- Dr. Iman Hakim Din
- Dr. Vincemt Keeri
- Dr. Kaaya Dickson Nsambu
- Dr. Kagezi Heugh
- Dr. Katumba Peter
- Dr. Kisozi Twaha
- Dr. Kusasira Shaka Geoffrey
- Dr. Madelayne Lopz Rubio
- Dr. Mpanga Mary
- Dr. Mutebi Brian
- Dr. Muwonge Collins
- Dr. Nabunwa Godfrey
- Dr. Opio Otyek
- Dr. Prakash Patel
- Dr. Robert Kalyedubula
- Dr. Thuparambil M Ravi Anish
- Dr. Tuhaise Judith
- Dr. Wilberforce Kigongo Sekirime
- Dr. Joseph Ndawula
- Dr. Riddi Doshi
Norvik Hospital Cost
The cost of any surgery depends upon many factors. From diagnosing to discharging from the hospital. Many daycare treatment services are also provided where you don’t need to stay at the hospital those surgeries are also of different cost. More or less every hospital charges the same for any treatment you are going. But, the most important thing is to select the best doctor, the hospital, and what type of facilities you want from the hospital. Nowadays the best doctor can provide excellent service in a small hospital also and vice-versa. So, keeping all the possible aspects in mind we must choose a doctor or hospital.
If we talk about the charges a hospital can take from you:
– Diagnosing Charges
– Blood test, urine test, etc. Any other pre-examination charges.
– Consultation with the doctor ( Consultant fees)
– Surgery cost
– post-recovery period charges at the hospital ( Ward, food, etc.)
– other charges such as a personal nurse, drugs, discharge process, and any other formalities if there.
– General or specialist doctor consulting
– Surgery fees did the surgeon.
– Follow-up with the doctor post-surgery.
To refer any patient to Norvik Hospital
A Referring Physician is always available on the hotline 24/7. To schedule your patient:
-the reason for the visit
-any special needs that the patient arrives.
-patient demographic information
Norvik Hospital Reviews
- The team of Norvic Hospital is significantly experiencing people
- Professional care and staff are amicable
- Knowledgeable and skilled doctors
- Clean and Hygienic environment
- Surgery is affordable
- Norvic Hospital also follows the insurance process very smoothly
- Good listening doctor
- Past patients are happy and satisfied with the provided services
- Pre-examination to the post-recovery period they took everything into their consideration
- Other services are also good to experience.
Some Facts about Norvik Hospital
|Years of Experience||18+|
|Doctors and Nurses||100+|
|Values of Norvik Hospital||Compassion, Character, Innovation, Integrity, teamwork, and Respect.|