Girum Hospital Review and Costs
In the 16th century, Ethiopia adopted modern medicine, and after that, the country got its first step toward the medicine and health industry. Swedish Medical Staff and Western Countries introduced Western medicine in 1886, and invest in resources in Ethiopia. The first hospital was been built in 1909 by the Russian Red Cross in Addis Ababa ( Acc. to the Milbank Memorial Fund Quarterly by E. Torrey in 1967 article). It is not a smooth process to establish hospitals and clinics in Ethiopia due to various incidents, one such incident is the Italian-Ethiopian war (1936-1941) which slows down the progress of the health system in Ethiopia.
After that one big incident, Ethiopia gradually grows, and in 1946 Public Health Hospitals are also opened for free treatment. In 1954 with the help of UNICEF, USAID, and WHO the Gondar Public health College and Training Center was been opened. To improve the training of health officers, nurses, and staff at the health centers. In 1965, the first faculty of medicine was been opened at the University of Addis Ababa. In Addis Ababa, there are many private hospitals with great infrastructure. Girum Hospital is one of those hospitals. So let’s get into more details about Girum Hospital Review and Costs, treatment, services, etc.
About Girum Hospital
- It is a private Health hospital.
- Girum Hospital was been established in 2007.
- Established by an American Board Certified physician “Dr. Girum Berhane.”
- The main goal is to introduce the “Art and Science of Medicine” to Ethiopia.
- Hospital has medical specialists, nurses, and staff.
- Latest medical devices to offer advanced quality healthcare services.
- To promote medical tourism in Ethiopia.
|” Where You Came First”||To provide excellence and innovation.||
Respect to the Person
Integrity to be trustworthy and honest
Excellence to work at the highest level
Stewardship to manage resources
|To benefit every human health and improve quality of life|
Girum Hospital Doctors
|Dr. Yohannes Birhanu||Dr. Hananiah Djimbaye|
|Dr. Yosef Techane||Dr. Hane Song|
|Dr. Wuletaw Chane||Dr. Fithanegest Tefera|
|Dr. Yamiserache Makonen||Dr. Gesete Metaferia|
|Dr. Wuhib Zenebe||Dr. Engida Abeba|
|Dr. Tesfaye Almawu||Dr. Fisihatsion Tadese|
|Dr. Tewodros Fasil||Dr. Tibebu Tesfaye|
|Dr. Solomon Kibret||Dr. Dula Benti|
|Dr. Surafel Worku||Dr. Amsalu Bitew|
|Dr. Seid Ali||Dr. Bereket Abeje|
|Dr. Seid Mohammed||Dr. Berhanu Nega|
|Dr. Samson Ashine||Dr. Brook Alemayehu|
|Dr. Mulugeta kassahun||Dr. Belachewu Dimma|
|Dr. Mustefa Negash||Dr. Belete Kifle|
|Dr. Misikir Anberibir||Dr. Balekachw Nigatu|
|Dr. Mulugeta Kassahun||Dr. Belachewu Dejene|
|Dr. Milikias Tsehay||Dr. Atenafu Mekonen|
|Dr. Minyahil Zeleke||Dr. Ayelign Tsehay|
|Dr. Meley Tesfamichael||Dr. Ahmed Mohammed|
|Dr. Meskram Demisse||Dr. Abeje Berehanu|
|Dr. Lina Mohammed||Dr. Abdulaziz Abubaker|
|Dr. Ibrahim Ahmed||Dr. Abdu Adem|
|Dr. Kefelegn Dejene||Dr. Abate Yeshidinber|
Six things to remember while choosing a right hospital
Choosing the right hospital for any disease or injury beforehand gives you extra satisfaction about the cure. But, in an emergency, it is a pointless thing because saving a life is the first priority over anything
The important thing you need to know are:
- Patient Experience
- Safety and Infrastructure
- Latest Technology and labs
- Specialized Doctors
- Insurance Concerns
Why Choose Girum Hospital?
- It is the premier hospital for the care of premature newborns.
- Girum Hospital is one of the few hospitals in Ethiopia which is fully equipped with NICU ( Neonatal Intensive Care)
- They have provided the doctor’s timetable to visit the specialist doctors.
- 24/7 services provided include Pharmacy, Adult Intensive care, Internal Medicine, Gynae and OBS, NICU, and Pediatrics.
- Provide a comprehensive range of services.
Latest Events and News at Girum Hospital
- The NICU center at Girum Hospital is one of the few in Ethiopia and is fully equipped and functioning. They can accommodate 15 patients at a time and have highly qualified doctors and nurses.
- Girum Hospital has been accredited by Ethiopian National Accreditation Office (ENAO).
|Adult Intensive Care||Nephrologist|
|CT Scan||Neuro Surgery|
|General Surgery||Pediatric Cardiology|
|Gynecology and Obstetrics||Pediatric Surgeon|
|Infectious Disease||Plastic Surgery|
- skin allergies
- advanced endoscopic diagnosis
- soft tissues
- Colon and rectal surgery
- minimally invasive gastrointestinal surgery
- surgical critical care
- trauma and acute care
- emergency general surgery
- bariatric surgery
- high-risk obstetrics
- pap smears
- blood disorders and malignancies
- blood and bone marrow.
- musculoskeletal system
- urinary disorders
- male genital tract
- neuro-emergency disorders
- Ear, nose, and throat diseases
- Psychic illness, and many other illness
- Colonoscopies screen
- MRI Scanner
- CT Scanner
Girum Hospital Costs
|Popular Treatments||Avg. Cost in USD|
|Heart Valve Surgery||5462-7224$|
Other charges are:
- Medical Charges
- Doctors Charges
- Food Facility
- Private Room
- Post-recovery period
Girum Hospital Review
- Treatment and Services are very good.
- Girum Hospital has specialized doctors.
- The staff and nurses are very professional
- The amenities provided in the hospital are the best.
- Pharmacy, Accommodation is also present inside the hospital
- Other facilities such as parking, cafeteria, etc are also available.
- Patients have a positive experience after the surgery.