Myung Sung Christian Medical Hospital Review and Costs
Myung Sung Christian Medical (MCM) General Hospital is been located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. MCM Hospital was been founded by the Myung Sung Presbyterian Church of South Korea. Myung Sung Presbyterian Church is the largest Presbyterian church in the world. Presbyterianism is a part of the reformed tradition within Protestantism that traces its origin to the Church of Scotland. So, today in this article, we will enlighten you with one of the historically renowned hospitals MCM General Hospital. And other important aspects as well such as Myung Sung Christian Medical Hospital Review and Costs, Services, Treatments, Doctors List, etc.
“Myung Sung Christian Medical Center was been planted in this nation like a small seed, filled with hope and joy. MCM General Hospital works under the miraculous action of God and shines as a healing power for Ethiopia. Our aim is to glorify God through this hospital in Ethiopia.” -Dr. Kwon Young Dae, MD
About Myung Sung Christian Medical Hospital
In 1993, the Prime Minister of Ethiopia requested Myung Sung Church to build a hospital in Ethiopia. The construction of the hospital is been completed and opened in 2004. MCM Hospital provides quality healthcare services to Ethiopians and trains Ethiopian Medical Professionals. Ethiopians and Foreign Medical Professionals are been motivated and committed to needy patients. Due to its historical significance, MCM Hospital in Addis Ababa offers personal, high-quality, and professional healthcare services. In many rural areas, patients are been treated through mobile clinics. Financial aid is also provided to those patients who can’t afford to pay for the treatment.
Korea, the U.S., Norway, Canada, and other countries also visit Ethiopia to provide free and highly specialized services to many patients. MCM General Hospital also collaborates with many organizations and professionals to provide healthcare training to the next generation of Ethiopian surgeons and physicians. MCM Hospital has grown and treated many patients for which it was been rewarded from a general hospital to a comprehensive specialized hospital.
||Conjunctival and Corneal disorders
||Tear Duct Obstruction
||Eyelid and Orbital disorders
||prescriptions for the eyeglasses
||Oral surgery procedures
||Pediatric patient treatment and management
||Interventional Radiologic Procedures
||Chronic Respiratory illness
||Acute abdomen and other surgical emergencies
||Labor and gynecological emergencies
||Craniotomy(for Brain tumor)
|Stroke from various causes
||Cesarean section delivery
|HIV AIDS and related OIS
|CKD and ESRD
|Infections involving different organs and systems
|Ischemic heart diseases and PVD
MCM General Hospital also visits many rural areas through the mobile clinic to provide free services to needy people.
– Yabelo Mobile Clinic
– Ziway Mobile Clinic
Latest Treatment at Myung Sung Christian Medical Hospital
- A pacemaker procedure was been done in Myung Sung Comprehensive Specialized Hospital – 1st Successful procedure
- ETV is used to treat patients with obstructive hydrocephalus in infants. The study was conducted to check the outcomes of Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy (ETV) in pediatric patients with Hydrocephalus.
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy is a treatment of gallbladder disease in MCM Hospital, Ethiopia.
Latest Research Publications
- HRQOL of patients with End Stage Kidney Disease on hemodialysis in Addis Ababa. (A cross-sectional study)
- Self-care practice and associated factors among people with Type 2 Diabetes in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia ( A Facility-based Cross-sectional Study)
- Nutritional Status among vulnerable children and Orphans aged 6 to 59 months ( A community-based cross-sectional study)
- Knowledge and acceptance of HPV vaccination and associated factors among parents of daughters.
Myung Sung Medical College
- It was been opened in 2012 with 23 freshmen.
- Provide a beneficial education environment to the students
- Facilities are also provided to the students such as accommodation, cafeteria, and library, and most importantly it is been situated near the hospital where students can gain knowledge in practice.
- Accredited by HERQA (Higher Edu. Relevance and Quality Agency.
To produce ethical, compassionate, competent, and servant-leader-minded future doctors. By providing medical education, medical research, and need-based community services. And to empower future doctors to build the health sector in Ethiopia.
To train compassionate and competent leaders in medicine.
To become medical education a leading institution by 2025.
Faculty Member at Myung Sung Medical College
- Dr. Jiksa Debessa – Internal Medicine
- Dr. Zewdu Asefa – Internal Medicine
- Dr. Frehun Ayele, Ph.D. – Surgery
- Dr. Kinfu Betemariam – Anesthesiology
- Dr. Solomon Berkessa – Radiology
- Dr. Desalegn Lemessa – Pediatrics
- Dr. Ledet Getachew – Internal Medicine
- Dr. Haile Gilicha – OBS/GYN
- Dr. Emebet Getahun – Ophthalmology
- Dr. Mikias Getahun – Emergency Medicine
- Dr. Senait Gebrewold – OBS/GYN
- Dr. Alemu Negera – Surgery
- Dr. Solomon Bekele – Surgery
- Dr. Efeson Thomas – Surgery
- Dr. Aklilu Getachew – Surgery
- Dr. Tadesse Legesseh – Anesthesiology
- Dr. Dereje Negash – Orthopedic Surgeon
- Dr. Yared Nigussie – Radiology
- Dr. Tibebu Bekele – Anesthesiology
Admission Requirement at MMC
– High School grade
– National Exam results
– In-house entrance examination
– Personal Interview
– TOEFL score for abroad students
Myung Sung Christian Medical Hospital Review
- One of the best hospitals with amazing staff members
- Well-trained health professionals
- Specialist doctors are present for every complex service
- Doctors from other countries are available for any difficult surgery.
- Clean and hygienic room
- Great accommodation with food
- Other Services such as the cafeteria, visiting rooms, and parking are also well-maintained.
- The infrastructure is great with positive vibes environment.
Myung Sung Christian Medical Hospital Cost
Surgery Costs at Myung Sung General Hospital have various factors as it is one of the most reputed hospitals. It provides many facilities and treatments to the needy and gives free services to those with financial issues.
The cost of Surgery is been based on:
- Operation Charges
- Pre-examination and Post-operative fees
- Accommodation Charges
- Wards (As per patients’ requirements)
- Hospital Stay
- Doctor’s charges, etc.
To Book an Appointment at MCM General Hospital
You can contact or visit the clinic for an appointment, or fill out the form that is been provided on the MCM General Hospital website.
Address of Myung Sung Christian Medical Hospital
Wereda 14, Gerji, Bole Sub-City, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia P.O.Box 15478