Medipal International Hospital Review and Costs
About Medipal Hospital
Medipal International Hospital (MIH) was established in 2019. MHI is one of the largest private tertiary care hospitals. The hospital provides a wide range of services under one roof. It is equipped with modern technology and renowned consultants from all over the world to set new standards in the healthcare of Uganda. The procedure and medical practices followed at the hospital are research-oriented and are of high quality and the best in the world. MIH’s goal is to raise the bar on quality and safe healthcare for the patient.
Services offered at Medipal Healthcare are invasive and noninvasive services; diagnostic, and imaging are available under one roof. For inpatient accommodation, the hospital has 80-bed capacity comprising private wards, semi-private wards, general wards, and VIP.
- Dr. Ibrahim Ahmed (Dental Surgeon)
- Dr. Ritesh Patel (Consultant and Spine Surgeon)
- Dr. Saeed Qureshi (Gastro-Intestinal, Bariatric, and Cosmetic Surgeon)
In Orthopedic and Spine Surgeries
- Complex Surgeries are being performed
- Complex and Revision Orthopedic Surgeries
- Complex Pain Management Procedures
- Scoliosis, Kyphosis, Deformity Surgeries
- Knee, Hip, Shoulder, Replacement Surgeries
- Robotic Navigation Spine Surgeries
- Minimal Invasive Spine Surgeries
- Other Services
- Arthritis and Neuropathy
- Backache and Neck Pain
- Joint Replacement Procedures
- Knee and Hip Pain
- Sciatica Problem
- Advantages of Endoscopic Access Spine Surgery
- Better long-term surgery outcomes
- smaller cut scar formation
- Early return to normal work
- Minimal tissue damage
- Less Post-Operative Pain
- Minimal Blood Loss
- Reduced risk of infection
- Faster Recovery
- Prevent injury to surrounding tissue
- Unique Surgeries performed at Medipal Hospital in the spine surgeries are
- Advanced Arthroscopy Surgery
- Endoscopic Spine Surgery
- The success rate of Spine Surgery
Depending on the condition, the surgery success rate is 70 to 90 %.
Gastro-Intestinal, Bariatric, and Cosmetic Surgeries
- Mummy makeover Surgery
- Weight loss Surgery
- Tummy Reduction
- Breast Augmentation
- Scar Revision
- Breast Lift and Reduction
The success rate of Bariatric Surgery
Bariatric Surgery is the most effective surgery for severe obesity and its metabolic complications. The success rate is around 70-80%.
- Cardiovascular practice is being done at Medipal Hospital since it was opened.
- Cath lab (Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory) is present.
- Invasive Cardiology uses to identify and treat abnormalities in the heart structure. It includes:
- Heart Monitors
- Stress Test
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Coronary artery disease
Thoracic and Vascular
- Surgeons treat blood vessels and offer treatment for circulatory disorders.
- Vascular diseases treated are arteriovenous shunt, deep venous thrombosis, arterial thrombosis, varicose ulcers, limb ischemia, diabetic foot infection, atherosclerosis, vascular injury, Reynaud’s Disease, Gangrene of extremities, varicose veins, and arterial embolism.
- Major interventional radiology is done at this hospital.
- Offers minimally invasive procedures and vascular and non-vascular interventions.
- It includes:
Radiological Image Guidance Ultrasound, CT, X-ray, MRI.
Medipal Hospital opened the radiology department for early diagnosis of the patient, guiding them and treating their diseases as soon as possible.
Maternity Department is fully dedicated with
- Counseling rooms
- Gynecologic consultations rooms
- Special examination rooms
- children immunization
- Laboratory and Ultrasound room
At the pediatric department, they provide:
- Child care
- vaccinations and immunization services
- Expert care
- Pediatric treatment
- Pediatrics CTVS
- Pulmonology, etc.
Urology and Kidney care
- Kidney biopsy
- Kidney transplant
- Open prostatectomy
- Penile Implants
- Cystoscopy, etc.
Provide services in various areas. But most surgical procedures done are
- Minimally invasive techniques procedure
- Extensive reconstructive surgeries
Provides treatment for various neurological disorders.
- Parkinson’s stroke
- Paralytic Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Management of Many Sclerosis
ENT Surgeons at Medipal Hospital are one of the finest surgeons. They have expertise in trauma or emergency care and undertake complex surgeries.
- Canalith repositioning procedure
- Ear tubes
- Laryngotracheal reconstruction surgery
- Pillar procedure
Medipal Hospital focuses on shaping the future of surgery in Uganda with the finest and quality surgical care. They are committed to the safest, result-oriented, and compassionate clinical and surgical care to enhance the patient’s results.
This department deals with physiology, structure, anatomy, and diseases related to the eyes. Surgeons at Medipal Hospital are experts in eye diseases. On a day basis, they examine and treat eye problems and also do eye surgery if needed.
- Dental Department is the newest department of Medipal Hospital. They offer services to all age groups.
- Skilled doctors diagnose and treat diseases like Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, orthodontics, advanced conservative treatment, aesthetic dentistry, dental implants, endodontics, and reconstructive dentistry.
Other Services at Medipal Hospital
- Specialist Clinics
- OPD Cafeteria
- Radiology and Imaging (CT Scan, MRI, X-ray, Doppler Ultrasound)
- Critical Care
- OPD Services (Provides General Physician, Specialist, and Super-specialist)
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation (Personal Therapy, loss and grief care, depression and anxiety, trauma and post-traumatic stress, stress management, interpersonal growth)
- ICU (10 specialized beds)
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Services (24/7 services)
Medical Insurance at Medipal Hospital
Benefits of health insurance:
- Tax benefits
- Free look Period
- Reduced Financial Pressure
- Cashless Hospitalizations
- Extended Coverage
Under Medical Insurance, the provider provides direct payment or reimburses the expenses associated with illness or disburses a fixed benefit on the occurrence of illness.
Local Insurance Providers are:
- GA Insurance Uganda
- ICEA LION Uganda
- Jubilee Insurance
- APA Insurance
International Insurance Providers are:
- AXA Health
Cost of Surgery in Kampala, Uganda
|Popular Treatment||Avg. Cost in USD|
|Consultant fee with ENT Doctor||USD144-268|
To prepare for a Doctor or Specialist Appointment.
- Make a list of what you are going to discuss with the doctor and your concern areas.
- If you are under any medication, put all the prescribed drugs or any supplements, etc., with you and check with your doctor.
- Visit the clinic with anyone from your family or relative
- Share your details with your doctor such, as sleeping habits, eating habits, etc.
- Most importantly, be attentive when doctors suggest advice related to your illness.
- You can also request an interpreter if you are from any other country.
Online Doctor Consultation At Medipal Hospital
- You can now video consult all your health-related concerns at home with specialist doctors.
- Teleconsultation is now becoming more affordable due to the COVID issue.
- To schedule an appointment.
- Go to the official website and fill out the form provided on the website and book an appointment.
- Request all medical reports as per protocol
- Full protection of the patient’s privacy and confidentiality in care discussions and treatments
- The patient must be treated with dignity, compassion, and respect.
- Protected towards physical abuse
- Receive information about the cost of the treatment and payment policies.
- For the patient’s comfort, visit during the visitor’s hours.
- In case of special needs or medical condition of the patient, doctors may not allow the visitor to visit the patients
- Visitors must have a visiting card otherwise, they will not be allowed
- Sanitize hands properly before visiting any patient and also while leaving the hospital.
- Mobile phone-restricted areas must be followed due to hospital confidentiality.
|Bariatric Surgery||Spoon Excavator|
|Endoscopic gastrointestinal anastomosis staplers||Scaler|
|Silk and polyglactin sutures||Curette|
|TMT Wipro GE Machine||Fundus Camera|
|St. Jude EP System||OCT|
|Holter Monitor||Slip lamp|
|Ambulatory BP||Automated Perimetry|
|CX 50||Green Laser|
|In Cath Lab||Keratometer|
|Patient Table||Specular Microscopy|
|Flat panel detector||ENT|
|Angioplasty balloons||operating microscope|
|Defibrillator||CO2 laser and specific surgical instruments|
|CT Scans||Dornier Compact Sigma Lithotripsy Machine|
Medipal International Hospital Review
- Evidence-based measurable changes in quality of life.
- Patient Centricity
- Quality of clinical care is being provided
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the outcomes
- The Smooth and painful process
- Clean and Hygienic Environment
|Contact No.||Message us|
|Address of Medipal Hospital||John Babiha (Acacia) Ave, Kampala, Uganda|
|Consultant Fees||USD 135|
|Are the doctors specialized surgeons?||Yes|
|What services are performed at Medipal Hospital?||Discussed Above|
|When was Medipal Hospital Established?||2019|