UMC Victoria Hospital Review and Costs
About UMC Victoria Hospital
UMC Victoria Hospital is one of Africa’s finest hospitals situated in Uganda. The UMC refers to as “Unihealth Medical Centre”. Unihealth symbolizes “Being United in Healthcare”. It is been established with a mission to deliver world-class, affordable, and holistic healthcare. Victoria Hospital is an integrated healthcare provider that provides high-quality medical and nursing services and a wide range of specialties. The hospital has a state-of-art laboratory, modular operating theatres, radiology services, and a pharmacy. In addition, it is been marked with an international quality standard hospital equipped to provide patient-focused, convenient, quality-centric efficient services, etc. With all the latest technology and modern equipment, the hospital offers multi-specialty diagnostic and treatment services. UMC Hospital aims to promote the health and well-being of the people of Uganda by providing high-quality, accessible medical care for people of all ages.
UMC Victoria Hospital has an advanced electronic system with CCTV for patient safety. The vision of the hospital is to become one of the paperless healthcare facilities in the country. It has one of the top line Hospital Information Systems which connect outpatients, inpatients, and diagnostic areas. The system has contemporary Electronic Medical Records with remote accessibility enabling ongoing consultation. The motto of UMC Victoria Hospital and Univic Medical Centre ensures the best possible and most comfortable care and it says “Where Care Comes First.”
In Uganda, UMC Victoria Hospital is been equipped with the country’s first Private Cardiac Cath Lab bringing the finest cardiac care services. In addition to that, the hospital is also equipped with MRI Scanners, CT scans, ICU, Dialysis Units, NICU, OTs, and various clinical specialty units. UMC Medical Centre is been scattered over India, Tanzania, Nigeria, Mozambique, and Uganda. The group also operates a technologically advanced medical center, Univic Medical Centre. The hospital is been spread over 7 floors and has 70 beds. OPD services are been provided with 8 consultant rooms. 2 state-of-art equipped modular OTs with laminar airflow and a Positive Pressure System are also available for patient safety. UMC is one of the most significant critical care units with 20 beds (Medical, Surgical, Neonatal, and Pediatrics). The critical Unit is been equipped with a high-end monitoring device and a nurse calling system.
UMC Victoria Hospital Logo
- It provides the group of corporate and identity and unifies its team across various geographies
- The logo is depicted with bold and bright colors, centered around Africa, home to the medical centers and hospitals of the group.
- It identifies the individuality units across Africa. Rod with the snake wrapped around the logo indicates “Doctors around Global”.
UniHealth Medical Centre
– Founded in 2009
– By an old South Mumbai Business District
– Approach to expand services across India, the Middle East, and Africa.
– Key Partners: Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital (India), CMG Group of Companies (Tanzania), Midland Group of Companies (Uganda), Plenco Group of Companies (Nigeria), and Ministry of Health, Govt. of Mozambique (Mozambique).
– Vision 2023: 1000+ Hospital Beds, 25+ Medical centers, And the Largest Pan-African Hospital Group.
Equipped with an Advanced Life Support System.
Dedicated endoscopy suite for Colonoscopy and Upper GI Endoscopy
Automatic Dental Chairs with low radiations and high-precision digital X-rays.
Hematology, Microbiology, Histopathology, and Biochemistry.
ECG, 2D-ECHO, Holter Monitoring, Ambulatory BP Monitoring, and Stress test.
Digital X-ray, Ultrasound, MRI, and CT Scanner.
Centre of Excellence
- Orthopedics and Spine
- Pediatrics and Neonatal Care
Facilities at UMC Victoria Hospital
The hospital is been equipped with
- World-class infrastructure
- Technologically advanced equipment
- Globally trained Medical Doctors
- Para-medical care
Victoria Hospital Services
OPD (Out-patient Department)
- Types of OPDs: Regular, Specialty, Free OPD(organized by UMC), and OPD(by visiting international doctors).
- Facilities for Out-patients:
- Radiology Services
- Immunization services
- Dialysis Unit
- Treatment room (Dressing, minor, etc.)
- Phlebotomy Room
- Consultation room
- Registration and Customer Care Desks
- Specialty OPDs
- General Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Radiology Services
- Charges is being based on the room selected
- Statements of bills will provide on request from the billing desk of the hospital
- An international patient is being charged with global tariffs.
- Clearance for admission will give only after the receipt of the requested deposit is cleared.
- Discharge clearance is been provided only after the settlement of outstanding bills.
- Regular out-patients are being paid at the registration billing desk
- Payment methods by cash, credit, and debit card.
- Without payment services are not provided.
- For Emergency patients, payments can be done by patients’ relatives, friends, etc.
- Emergency Services
- Ambulance Services
- Waiting Room
- Parking Area
UMC Victoria Hospital – Departments
The anesthesiology Departments priority task is to manage Acute and Chronic Pain.
- Gynecological, Obstetric, and Neonatal-related Cases
- Oncological and General Surgical Procedures
- Major Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
- Neurosurgical Surgery
It is been done by a minimally invasive, Keyhole technique called Laparoscopy. The procedure causes loss in weight. Apart from weight loss, it also develops obesity-related conditions like high BPs, joint pain, sleep apnea, and type 2 diabetes.
- Mini Gastric Bypass
- Gastric Bands
- Gastric Bypass
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
Treatment of cancer care deals with a division of medicine called Oncology. The experts provide Surgeries related to Radiation oncology, oncology, Medical Oncology, and Onco-pathology.
- Blood Cancer: Chemotherapy, Biological therapy to kill cancers, and Bone marrow transplant.
- Lung Cancer: Surgery, targeted agents, and immuno-therapy and radiation.
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancers
Experienced surgeons work together and the team consists of Cardiologists, Cardio-thoracic, and Vascular Surgeons. Cardiology Surgeries cover Cardiac bypass surgery, minimally invasive surgery, non-invasive cardiology, and interventional cardiology.
A dedicated team is present to attend to the cases under pediatrics, The group consists of a Cardiologist, anesthesiologist, intensivists, and surgeons.
The department provides extensive ECG procedures on children and detects heart-related defects.
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Tumors of the Heart
- Valvular Heart Disease
Cosmetology surgery is been performed on the individual to correct and improve one’s appearance.
Aesthetic Surgery that is being performed such as Wrinkle Fillers, Hair Repair Surgery, Eyebrow Lift, Breast Enlargement/ Implant, Breast Reduction Surgery, Tummy Tuck, Eyelid Surgery, Nose Reshaping, and Facial Implants.
- Dimple Creation
- Androgenic Alopecia
- Varicose Veins
Dental Department takes care of dental problems, prosthodontics, orthodontics, endodontics, and oral and maxillofacial surgery.
Clinical Services such as preventive dentistry, restorative dentistry, tooth whitening, and cosmetic dentistry.
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Smile Correction.
It deals with various skin problems, such as acne, irregular pigmentation, skin cancer, breakouts, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Anti-Ageing Treatment
- Skin polishing
- Elimination of unwanted body hair
It focuses on endocrine organs like the thyroid, ovaries, and pancreas. Most endocrine disorders are chronic ailments that need life-long treatments.
Diabetes mellitus, metabolic syndrome, and hypothyroidism are some chronic diseases.
- Pituitary Adenoma
ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat)
It provides comprehensive investigative and therapeutic treatment options. Using the latest technology the specialist treats diseases related to the ears, nose, and throat.
The team of ENT surgeons and Audiologists assesses the whole treatment procedure.
- Speech Impairment
- Eardrum Perforation
Gastroenterology and GI Surgery
Its analysis treats diseases concerning the digestive tract and liver.
- Colon Cancer
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Peptic Ulcer
- Esophageal Cancer
General Surgery deals with a wide range of emergency and scheduled surgery. General Surgeon specialized in pre and post-operative management and handling all kinds of trauma.
It deals with the colon, stomach, gall bladder, esophagus, pancreas, liver, and bile ducts.
- Anorectal Conditions like Anal Fistula, Fissures, Piles, and Prolapse
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Gall Bladder Stones and Inflammation
Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Adolescence Care
- total pregnancy care
- counseling before conception
- Reproductive medicine
- preventive health program
- contraceptive medicine
- prenatal classes
- menopausal care
- Diabetes Management
- Prenatal Diagnosis and Ultrasound
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Fibroid, Endometriosis, and Cysts
An Internist or General Physician deals with medical problems that a patient brings from the common cold to illness.
- Causes of Malaise
- Common Cold
- Preventive Health Check-ups and Tests
- Urine Analysis: Kidney disease, Urinary tract infections, and diabetes.
- Thyroid Profile
- Blood Glucose Levels
- Kidney Profile
- Liver profile
- Lipid Profile
- Complete Blood Counts
- Other Investigations such as Fecal Examinations, Vitamin profiles, genetic analyses, biopsies, and microbiology.
Treats renal disorders. The department provides all kinds of kidney-related diseases, dialysis, and transplants. Some renal pathology is been done with complete immunological, biochemical, histological, and microbiological before the diagnosis of the disease.
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Nephrotic Syndrome
It deals with all kinds of eye-related complications. The department covers preventive and primary healthcare needs. Such as glaucoma diagnostic surgery, lasers, eye ultrasound, retina and vitreous diagnostic, and squint surgery.
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Treatment of Fractures and Dislocation of Joints
- Spine Surgeries
- Hip Resurfacing
- Shoulder Joint Replacement
- Knee Joint Replacement
- Hip Joint Replacement
Evaluation with an Orthopedic Surgeon consists of:
- Medical History
- Physical Examination
- Radiology Investigations
- Other Investigations: Blood Tests, and additional investigations.
UMC Hospital provides a wide range of radiological diagnostic services. It is equipped with advanced technology and medical equipment with the best diagnostic output for the patient.
- MRI Scans
- CT Scans
- Digital X-ray
The urology department provides treatments for both adult and child problems. Complete diagnostic services are been offered such as pediatric renal transplant, pediatric urology, andrology, reconstructive urology surgery, laparoscopic urology, prostate diseases, erectile dysfunction, and stone disease.
- Enlarged Prostate
- Kidney Stones
- Overactive B; adder
Appointment Scheduling at UMC Victoria Hospital
You can schedule the appointment for
- OPD Consultation
- Executive Health Check-ups
- Lab and radiology services
- Dialysis and Physiotherapy sessions
Steps to follow for registration:
- First of all, you need to pre-register yourself as a patients
- Then register yourself with provided SMS and Email confirmation with PRN (Permanent Registration Number)
- Once done, schedule an appointment.
Medical Insurance at UMC Victoria Hospital
UMC is been associated with insurance companies such as
- Case medcare
- Jubilee Insurance
Patients’ Rights and Responsibilities
- continuity of care
- access own clinical records
- an informed consent
- be informed about the risks, benefits, and complications of the proposed treatment
- grievance redressal
- information about healthcare needs
- know the cost of treatment advised and being administered
- know the identity of caregivers
- personal dignity, respect, and courtesy
- privacy and confidentiality
- refusal of treatment
- respectful care
- seek additional opinions for the required clinical care
- adhere to the appointment schedule and maintain decorum within hospital premises
- avoid speaking or behaving in an unruly manner or disturbing other patients or hospital staff
- ensure all hospital bills are paid in full
- follow all hospital rules and regulations
- follow the prescribed treatment and keep the treating doctor informed
- maintain hygiene and cleanliness in the hospital
- not bring valuables into the hospital
- not smoke, chew tobacco, or consume alcohol within hospital premises
- not take any medication without the knowledge of the hospital doctors and caregivers
- provide accurate information related to insurance or corporate policy, as applicable
- provide complete and accurate information about one’s identity and medical condition
- provide complete and accurate information about one’s relatives / next-of-kin or attendant
- treat the hospital staff, other patients, and visitors with courtesy, respect, and dignity
UMC Victoria Hospital Review
- Excellent Services with Professionalism
- Fully-equipped Hospital and modern and technologically advanced hospital.
- Doctors with great experience and knowledge.
- Good facilities and well-maintained hospital and staff
- Customer care is on-point without any delay they manage to give any needed information.
- Most trusted hospital in Uganda
- Their priority is “quality”
- Work according to their ethics and protocols.
- For every department, there is an expert doctor.
- Past patient experience is satisfactory.
UMC Victoria Hospital Costs
|Popular Surgeries||Avg. Cost at Kampala(in USD)|
|Eyes Surgery (Per eye)||2893|
Other Charges that is also included:
|Victoria Hospital Located at||Plot 1495 Bukoto, Kira Road, Kampala, Uganda|
|Univic Medical Centre Address||Plot 16, Hill Road, Entebbe City, Uganda|
|Contact Number||Please Message Us|
|Consultant fees at Victoria Hospital||145 USD|
|Owner of Victoria Hospital||Dr. Akshay Parmar|