Mildmay Hospital Review and Costs
- Mildmay Hospital, Uganda is a Non-Government Organization established in 1998. Excellence for its prevention, care, treatment, and training services in HIV and AIDS.
- The hospital with time evolved and diversified its services and deliver comprehensive healthcare such as health system strengthening, treatment services, complementary social services, health training, and education, and research.
- The first organization to provide free HIV care in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Due to its multidisciplinary approach, it brings together a range of professionals such as physiotherapists, nutritionists, social workers, nutritionists, spiritual, and medical workers.
- Mildmay Uganda is well known for its Pediatric palliative Care Training and Clinical Excellence Center. It provides specialized pediatric care and intensive nutritional rehabilitation for children.
- A satellite clinic model is been initiated in 2005, strengthening the approach to improving healthcare services in the district and strengthening HIV services delivery capacity.
– It is a multi-disciplinary General Hospital.
– Mildmay Hospital uses Family Centered approach to care.
– The hospital offers Pharmaceutical services, Diagnostic services, psychosocial programs, Obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, and surgical medical.
– It also provides some specialized services such as Mental Health, NCD- Hypertension, Eye Services, Elderly Services, Sexual Reproductive Health services, Dental Clinics, and Palliative care.
– A patient can access quality and professional care through OPDs, In-patient wards, diagnostics, OTs, Maternity services, etc.
Why choose Mildmay Uganda Hospital?
– The hospital meets the quality objectives by continuously improving the quality management system
– It provides quality services with efficiency
– Ensures customer satisfaction
– Maintain and utilize strategic information.
– Deliver services with international quality standards.
Mildmay Uganda Hospital – 5 Strategies
- Operational Efficiency
- Staff Capability and Productivity
- Customer Focus
- Open Communication
- People Development
- Customer Centricity
Communities transformed for sustainable health
Empower communities for health and sustainable livelihoods by providing quality healthcare, and develop human resources.
Mildmay Hospital Services
General Medical Services (OPD)
- It offers a free HIV package of prevention and treatment to the public.
- The package covers Opportunistic infections, Antiretroviral drugs, TB drugs, and family planning
- Free labs test offers TB-ZN stain, Hepatitis B and C, Serum CRAG, Viral load, CD4, HIV test, etc.
OPD – Maternity Services
It offers excellent, professional, and affordable maternity services.
- It is an Internationally Accredited.
- Well-equipped with high-tech automated equipment
- 24-hour diagnostic, monitoring, and consultative services
- Tests performed and offered are
- Bacterial and fungal culture and sensitivity
- Blood culture and sensitivity
- Fertility hormones
- Thyroid Function Test
- Coagulation Test
- Semen Analysis
- Tumor Markers
- Bone Metabolism
- Glyco Metabolism
- Cardiac Markers and Inflammation Monitoring
- Prenatal Screening
- Kidney Function
- Hepatic Fibrosis
- Viral Load
- Complete Blood Count
- Blood Group& X Match
- CSF Analysis
- Sputum GeneXpert
- Sputum ZN
- Hepatitis B&C
- Cryptococcus Antigen (CrAg)
- Syphilis Screening
- Malaria testing
- HIV testing
- Pregnancy Testing
Health Insurance – Mildmay Hospital
Mildmay Hospital partnered with 9 insurance schemes that provide health insurance. Those are
- Case Medicare
- International Medical Link
- IAA resolutions
Mildmay Hospital – HIV/AIDS Treatment
As we already know that Mildmay Hospital provides free treatment to those patients who are diagnosed with HIV/AIDS illness. Since 1998, the hospital has made a huge impact by delivering these services, and Africa is a location where HIV patients are more and they need treatment. So, Mildmay hospital still continues to support Uganda and neighboring countries.
- Human immunodeficiency Virus (HIV): It is a virus that attacks cells that help the body to fight infection, and makes a person more vulnerable to other infections and diseases. HIV has no cure but it can be treatable with medicine.
- 4 stages of HIV are Seroconversion illness, asymptomatic stage of HIV, Symptomatic HIV, and Last-stage of HIV.
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS): It is the last stage of HIV infection that occurs when immune system is badly damaged because of the virus.
Courses offered at Mildmay Uganda Hospital
- Project Management in Health
- Policy Development and Advocacy in Global Health
- Project Management in Global Health
- Monitoring and Evaluation in Global Health
- Leader and Management in Health
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Fundamentals of Palliative Care
- Fundamentals of Global Health Research
- Comprehensive HIV Care and Management
- Clinical Management of HIV
- Advanced Health Systems Strengthening
Mildmay Hospital Review
- The hospital provides free HIV/AIDS testing
- Skilled and Professionals Doctors
- Health professionals take care of everything
- Clean Environment
- Family-centered approach
Cost of Treatment at Mildmay Hospital
Treatment is been based on various factors:
- Pre-Examination Test
- Surgery cost
- Food for in-patient
- Doctor charges
- Hospital charges
- Uses of equipment charges, etc.
However, if you want to know about any particular surgery cost. Please message or call us to get more details about the surgery.
|Mildmay Hospital Address||Entebbe Rd, Lweeza, Kampala, Uganda|
|Contact No. of Mildmay Hospital||Text us|
|Consultant Fees||125 USD|