Nakasero Hospital Review and Cost
About Nakasero Hospital
Nakasero Hospital is a private hospital. One of the most exclusive healthcare facilities providers in Kampala, Uganda. It is been established 13 years ago in 2009 for the betterment of people. On the occasion of the 10th anniversary, the hospital creates new departments such as Gynecology, Cardiology, Pediatrics, and Orthopedics. The hospital was been opened to address the gap in the healthcare industry in the country and to serve Uganda’s population with the services for which Uganda’s people go overseas for treatment. Nakasero Hospital established Nakasero Healthcare Limited as a health-maintenance organization in Uganda.
The hospital provides quality care with experienced specialists, Diagnostic excellence, quality, and safety, and a dedicated team. It never fails to amaze people with their dedication to the treatment. They offer advanced medical care. Nakasero Hospital become an integral part of the healthcare sector in Uganda and the Great Lakes Regions.
Vision: To be a world-class tertiary medical care hospital.
Mission: Provide quality, compassionate, sustainable healthcare.
Core Values: Professionalism, Compassion, Teamwork, Innovation, and Philosophy.
Some facts about the Hospital
- Nakasero Hospital is one of the five upscale hospitals in Kampala. The other four hospitals are International Hospital Kampala, Paragon Hospital, Case Medical Centre, and Kampala Hospital.
- 20 medical doctors, and specialist surgeons, from inside and outside Uganda.
- The hospital borrowed US$3 million in 2010 from IFC to increase access to quality health care, create jobs, to introduce new standards.
- In 2015, the hospital fundraise to construct Nakasero Fistula Centre to undergo repair of the Obstetric Fistula.
- In 2019, create new departments at Nakasero Hospital.
- Surgeries performed in 2009 is 300 and in 2018 it was 2400.
- Outpatient Visits in 2009 were 14000 and in 2018 it was 78000.
- Birth in 2009 was 224 and in 2018 it was 1520.
- Admission in 2009 was 635 and in 2018 it was 73,300.
Nakasero Hospital Timeline
- 2009 – First Patient – Nakasero Hospital Received its first patient
- 2010 – Medical Admissions – Commencement of Medical-Surgical Admission
- 2011 – High Dependency Unit – Nakasero Hospital Launched the High Dependency Unit
- 2013 – Medical Centers – Dedicated Paediatric Center, Launch of Dialysis Center and In-house Lab Services begin
- 2014 – Launch of More Centers – Imaging Center, Executive Wellness Center
- 2016 – Medical Records System – Installation of an Electronic Medical Records System
- 2018 – Intensive Care Unit – Neonatal ICU expansion to 10 beds
- 2019 – Expansion Plan – Launch of the Hospital Expansion Plan
|Dr. Israel Walakira
|Dr. Florence Nantulya
|Dr. Innocent Mutyaba
|Dr. Michael Tindikahwa
|Dr. Marvin Miiro Nsubga
|Dr. Harriet Ajilong
|Dr. Vincent Kayina
|Dr. Gideon Mugisa
|Dr. Louis Mubangizi
|Dr. Emmanuel Mwesiga
|Dr. Mariam Nakalembe
|Dr. racheal Alinaitwe
|Dr. Tatiana Koilik
|Dr. JK. Mbonye
|Dr. Davis Ntulume
|Dr. Robert Busingye
|Dr. Christine Biryabarema
|Dr. Isaac Kyamanywa
|Dr. Alex Koulik
|Dr. Edward Naddumba
|Dr. David Nsibambi
|Dr. Essau Wasswa
|Dr. Stella Ddamulira
|Dr. Anjum Fauzia
|Dr. Edward Turitwenka
|Dr. Robert Ssentongo
|Dr. Gabriel Okumu
|Dr. Martin Tungutyo
|Dr. Leonard Odoi
|Dr. George G.W Galiwango
|Dr. Prof. Marcel Andrew Otiin
|Dr. John Kasujja
|Dr. Lillian Kabahuma Kihika
|Dr. Yodit Tequabo Iasu
- General Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine
Treatments on various services
-Assessment and treatment of sick children
-Neonatal Intensive care unit – 13-bed capacity
-General pediatric surgery
-Well-child care and Immunization
-Vascular lab studies
-Solitary fibrous tumors
-Sphincter-saving procedures of the rectum
-Minimally Invasive Surgery
-Laparoscopic esophageal hiatal hernia repair
-Management of vascular diseases
-Diseases of the vascular system
-Diseases of the stomach and small intestine, including ampullary carcinoma
-Diseases of the pancreas
-Diseases of the endocrine system, including adrenal cancer
-Diseases of the colon, rectum, and anus, including small bowel cancer
-Biliary System and Liver Surgery
-Carcinoma of unknown origin
-Common ear infections
-Nosebleeds and injuries
-Swelling of the neck
-Snoring and sleep issues
Tests are performed such as
- CT scan or MRI
- Fiberoptic laryngoscopy
-Trauma of the eyelid, eye, and eye socket
-Inflammation of the eye and surrounding tissues
-Cancer of the eye
-Penile Implant Surgery
-Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy
-Bladder Removal Surgery
Symptoms that you need to see a urologist
- Mass in the testicle
- Blood in the urine
- Male impotence
- Pain when urinating
- Male infertility
- Changes in urinary pattern
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Frequent need to urinate
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Inability to urinate
- the weak or hesitant urinary stream
-Head and Neck Tumors
-Breast Reconstruction Program
-Cosmetic Surgery Services
-Skin Cancer Care Services
-Facial Surgery Services
-Bone Cancer Care Services
-Gender Affirmation Surgery
-Head and Neck Cancer Services
-Wound Care Services
-Limb Preservation Services
Treats patients who face sudden problems, such as an attack, thoughts of suicide, hearing loss, or panic attack.
-Urinary Tract Infections
-Sexually Transmitted Infections
-Pre Travel Related Concerns and Vaccinations
-Hospital Acquired Infections
-Fever of Unknown Origin
-Bone and Joint Infections
-Antibiotic Resistant Infections
-Tooth Restorations/ Fillings
-Professional Cleaning/Scaling And Polishing
-Minor And Major Oral Surgery
-Fixing Broken Jaws
-Tooth Replacements; Dentures, Crowns, And Bridges
-Corporate Dental Education/Outreach Services
-Root Canal Treatment
-Comprehensive Dental Checkup
-Extractions; Simple And Complicated
Treats disorders of endocrine and metabolic.
-Degenerative hip, knee, and shoulder conditions
-ACL and Meniscus tears
-Foot and ankle conditions
-White blood cell disorders
-Sickle cell anemia
-Deep Vein Thrombosis
-Iron Deficiency Anemia
-Benign hematologic conditions
- Blood Transfusion
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- RBC indices
- Differential WBC
- Hemoglobin Concentration
- Hematocrit RBC Volume
- Platelet count
-Chronic Urinary tract infections
-Chronic or acute renal failure
-Sick Sinus Syndrome
-Rheumatic Heart Disease
-Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
-Mitral Valve Prolapse
-Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)
-Congestive Heart Failure
-Chest Pain (Angina)
- Stress Test
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy
- Holter Monitor
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET Scan)
- Stent Placement
- Ventricular Assist Device
- Cardiac catheterization
- CT scan
- ultra Sound
-Motor Neuron Disease
-Pelvic and Bladder Health
-Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
-Family Planning Services
-Prenatal testing and Genetic Counselling
Areas of Specialization
- Medical Dermatology
- Surgical Dermatology
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Cutaneous Lymphoma
- Dermato immunology
- Oral Pathology Laboratory
Nakasero Hospital Approaches towards different Surgery
- At Nakasero Hospital there are been renowned experts in reconstructive and cosmetic surgery
- Using the latest techniques in patient care.
- Work towards the goal and make a personalized plan for repairing, rebuilding, and improving
- Surgeries include facial and body cosmetic surgery.
Excellence in Plastic Surgery
-Follow-up care at home
-Leader in the field: researcher into new treatments where they grow tissue and bone and innovate procedures that relieve facial pain.
-State-of-art surgeries: Nakasero Hospital is one of the hospitals where complex microvascular surgeries (that connect tiny blood vessels and repair nerves) are been performed.
- Nakasero Hospital for Pediatrics is providing innovative healthcare.
- 24/7 available
- The hospital offers a wide spectrum of pediatric heart care services
- Pediatric Surgeons are board-certified surgeons who provide specialized care for any problems
- Therapies are also offered for the sickest babies.
- Provide premier-quality imaging.
- Professional and experienced staff
- Board-certified radiologist
- Uses the latest technology and imaging techniques
General Surgery (GS)
- Modern, Comprehensive Surgical care
- A broad spectrum of services with the latest technology
- Some treatments are provided on the same day or the next day after the consultant such as Gallstones and other gallbladder problems, lumps and bumps, including lipomas, boils, cysts, skin tags, and some incisional, inguinal, and ventral hernias.
Excellence in GS
-Most advanced approaches
-Your safety and comfort
-Next-day surgical consults
- Specialist doctors who have experience in treating ENT conditions
- Accessibility and Availability of Experts
- Telemedicine services (Video Consultation.)
- Board-certified physicians
- Fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons
- Orthopedic Surgeons are the forefront employees at Nakasero Hospital
- Use advanced technologies
- The approach is to listen to every patient’s needs and understand their goal and provide possible outcomes.
- Deliver the best oral health care.
- Teams include endodontists and periodontists, general dentists, dental hygienists, maxillofacial prosthodontists, and Oral and maxillofacial surgeons.
- The team is also specialized in complex dental reconstruction.
- Teams include surgeons, medical oncologists, researchers, and cancer experts who deliver personalized
- The highest priority is to provide safe and healthy services
- Provides services in hospitals, surgery centers, in-person clinics, and online video visits.
Amenities at Nakasero Hospital
- Waiting areas
- Resource Center
- Dining options
To Visit or Admission to Nakasero Hospital
Talk to your Physician before an appointment or admission. And discuss all possible things that going to take place after you visit the hospital such as pre-examination, hospital stay, discharge, surgery, and other facilities you want. Talk to the insurance provider about the benefits and costs it will cover by their health policy depending upon your surgery. Keep all the important documents ready.
Facilities for Visitors at Nakasero Hospital
- An interpreter is been provided for foreign-speaking patient
- 83-bed capacity (One caretaker is been allowed with the patient)
- Hotels and Lodge are also available outside the hospital
- Parking area
- Public Transportation
- Safety and security for the patients
- International Patients: Airport pick-up, amenities, accommodation, Coordination services (before arrival)
Patients Rules and Responsibilities
As a patient at Nakasero Hospital will never discriminate against any person due to age, sex, race, color, religion, income, education, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital status, culture, language, disability, gender, or anything who is going to pay your bill after the treatment process. But, there are some rights given to patients while at the hospital:
- Your right to communicate with your family member or any chosen person.
- You have rights they must inform yourself about your health status.
- You can decide if you want visitors or not
- Advanced directives means if you are not healthy enough to make a decision then what will be the rights or decision you want to take forward.
- Privacy and Confidentiality – You want to keep your medical records under your private.
- Family or guardians have the right to ask questions, or any concerns they want from hospital staff.
- Provide information about the patients. Such as medical history.
- Respect and Consideration
- Safety – Become an active, involved, and informed member
- Refusing Care – You are responsible if you don’t follow any instructions
- Visit as per the visitor’s timeline
- Charges is been granted before visiting
Nakasero Hospital Costs
A short visit or consultant with a doctor in Kampala, Uganda is 52,689 Shillings (13.92$).
|Popular Treatments in Kampala, Uganda
|Avg. Cost of Surgery in Kampala
|Brain Tumor Surgery
|MRI-Guide Laser Ablation
|Total Knee Replacement
|Total Hand Surgery
|Laparoscopic Radical cystectomy
|Ureteroscopy Removal of Stone
|Laser Prostate Surgery
|Radical prostatectomy Surgery
|Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy Surgery
|Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Surgery
|Breast Fat Transfer
Every hospital has there own insurance policy so as Nakasero Hospital. They provide a wide range of insurance plans. Before going forward with the insurance plan, please confirm with your insurance provider the services you are seeking and understand the benefits and costs. Some insurance company doesn’t provide all expenses of the surgery. The good thing is that Nakasero Hospital Health Plan also offers you care as per your need. And also provide a health card.
Nakasero Hospital Review
- A very professional and skilled doctor
- Professional Healthcare and Nurses are very helpful
- One of the 5 most top-rated hospitals in Kampala
- The patient loves their work and dedication toward each patient they came accros.
- Doctors are very good listeners and provide according to our needs.
- International patients are very happy because of all the facilities provided by the hospital with communication.
- They follow very strictly every guideline.
- Every process is smooth and executed as planned.
- It is a very well-satisfied hospital with a quality services provider.
- Past patients also recommended the hospital for their hard work and passion for their people.
Nakasero Hospital Location
Plot 14 Akii Bua Rd, Kampala, Uganda. It has been located on Nakasero Hill, in Kampala Central Division.
Approx. 2km south of Mulago National Referral Hospital
At last, the Nakasero Hospital has been driven by the responsibility for better health in the communities. It is the leader in providing outstanding services with a great approach to every treatment.